School of Arts & Sciences Handbook 2018-2019 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
School of Arts & Sciences Handbook 2018-2019
Crown College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604), Phone: 800-621-7440. Due to this excellent accreditation status, credits and degrees earned at Crown are transferable and recognized by public and private colleges and universities throughout the world.
Crown College is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (at the undergraduate level) (One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036-1120 phone: 202.887.6791). The nursing program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Undergraduate teacher preparation programs leading to licensure for preprimary, elementary, and secondary teaching are approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
The College has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission since 1980. Candidate status was granted in July of 1974. In addition, the College is chartered by the Minnesota Department of Education as a degree-granting institution. Veterans attending Crown College are eligible to use their veterans’ education benefits. The College is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Crown College is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Crown College holds membership in a number of professional organizations of which the following are representative:
- American Association for Employment in Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Association of Christians in Student Development
- Association of Governing Boards
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council for Independent Colleges
- Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Minnesota College and University Career Services Association
- Minnesota College and University Professional Association
- National Association for College Admission Counselors
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals
- Upper Midwest Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
Crown College Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of Crown College is to provide a biblically based education for Christian leadership in The Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church at large, and the world.
Christians prepared to serve and influence the world.
• Christ-centered. A curriculum and community that is focused on Christ.
• Academically Excellent. Preparing students for a wide range of professional careers.
• Globally Connected. Interaction with learning communities and cultures around the world.
• Affordable. An exceptional private college education, more affordable than others in the area
The Crown Logo
The Crest and the Word Mark symbolize commitment to academic excellence. Placement of the stylized Crown, acknowledging Christ as King, represents the College’s role in the world (gray) to equip students for moving heavenward (majestic purple) through knowledge of, and reliance on, Jesus Christ.