Jun 18, 2021  
School of Arts & Sciences Handbook 2018-2019 
School of Arts & Sciences Handbook 2018-2019 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Commuter Students

Crown College is a residential college. Therefore all students are required to live in college housing except for those who meet one or more of the following criteria.

  1. Living with one or both parents
  2. Are married or will be married before the first class day of the applicable semester
  3. 22 years of age before the first class day of the applicable semester
  4. Carrying  6 or less credit hours
  5. Participating in Study Abroad or course-required internship that accounts for more than half of the credit hours taken that semester.
  6. Special work situation exists which requires you to live where you work, i.e. live-in rehabilitation or disabled/special care facilities or service-oriented ministries.

Commuter Request Forms will not be accepted 2 weeks from the start of the semester for which the student is applying. Commuter Request Forms must be re-submitted each academic year for approval by Student Development.  If approved for Fall semester, unless specifically noted otherwise, the approval is valid for the academic year.

Commuter students are required to register their vehicle with Operations. Campus mailboxes are assigned when you register as a student. Lockers are available for a small annual fee through the Student Senate.