School of Arts & Sciences Student Handbook 2012-2013 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
School of Arts & Sciences Student Handbook 2012-2013
Crown College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission—a member of the North Central Association (NCA), 30 No. LaSalle St., Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602. Due to this excellent accreditation status, credits and degrees earned at Crown are transferable and recognized by public and private colleges and universities throughout the world. In addition:
- The Crown nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- The Crown undergraduate teacher preparation programs leading to licensure for pre-primary, elementary, and secondary teaching are approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
Because of its accreditation, Crown students are eligible for all federally-funded financial aid programs and other aid programs. Veterans attending Crown College are eligible to use their veterans’ education benefits, and the College is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Crown College holds membership in a number of professional organizations. For example:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association for Employment in Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Association of Christians in Student Development
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Minnesota College and University Career Services Association
- Minnesota College and University Professional Association
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National College Athletic Association (NCAA)
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- Upper Midwest Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
Crown College is affiliated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado. The College’s statement of faith, community life statement, and doctrinal statement all demonstrate that affiliation.
Crown College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Crown College Mission Statement
The mission of Crown College is to provide a biblically based education for Christian leadership in The Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church at large, and the world.
Crown College Vision Statement
Christians prepared to serve and influence the world.