School of Arts & Sciences Student Handbook 2015-2016 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
School of Arts & Sciences Student Handbook 2015-2016
Crown College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60604).
Crown is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036-1120 phone: 202-887-6791). The nursing program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Undergraduate teacher preparation programs leading to licensure for pre-primary, elementary, and secondary teaching are approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
In addition, the College is chartered by the Minnesota Department of Education as a degree-granting institution. Veterans attending Crown College are eligible to use their veterans’ education benefits. The College is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Crown College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Crown College holds membership in a number of professional organizations of which the following are representative:
• American Association for Employment in Education
• American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
• Association of Christian Schools International
• Association of Christians in Student Development
• Association of Governing Boards (AGB)
• Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
• Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
• Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
• Minnesota College and University Career Services Association
• Minnesota College and University Professional Association
• National Association of College and University Business Officers
• National Association of Colleges and Employers
• National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
• North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
• Upper Midwest Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
Any student interested in reviewing the documents of the College’s accreditation and licensure should contact the Director of Financial Aid or the Vice President for Academic Affairs to set up a time for this review.
Crown College Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of Crown College is to provide a biblically based education for Christian leadership in The Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church at large, and the world.
The Crown College experience is more than just a degree-it is equipping students to do what they do best, whether that’s being a nurse, a video technician, a teacher, a pastor, or a business leader. It means taking the skills, talents and passion that God has given to our students and showing them how to impact the world with those very skills and careers.
Christians prepared to serve and influence the world.
Crown College receives outstanding support from the community and corporations in the area, and partnerships with the College are continually formulated in locations across the country and throughout the world.
• Christ-centered. A curriculum and community that is focused on Christ.
• Academically Excellent. Preparing students for a wide range of professional careers.
• Globally Connected. Interaction with learning communities and cultures around the world.
• Affordable. An exceptional private college education, more affordable than others in the area
The Crown Logo
The Crest and the Word Mark symbolize commitment to academic excellence. Placement of the stylized Crown, acknowledging Christ as King, represents the College’s role in the world (gray) to equip students for moving heavenward (majestic purple) through knowledge of, and reliance on, Jesus Christ.
Academic Excellence is More Than a Core Value at Crown; It’s a Way of Life
Crown offers more than 40 accredited degree programs on-campus and online, giving students rich learning opportunities that will equip them with knowledge, skills and relevant real - world experiences to be effective in career, ministry and life.
Crown College is consistently ranked among the Best Midwest Regional Colleges according to U.S. News & World Report.
Whether in our Honors Program or not, every opportunity for academic excellence is engaged at Crown - small class sizes, low student-to-faculty ratios, rich learning environments and passionate faculty. Crown’s dedicated professors - comprised of PhD’s, pastors, business executives, theologians, counselors, and professionals - represent some of the finest educators anywhere and students are challenged at every level.
It is expected that students will be honest in all their academic work and will be responsible for their own work. Scholastic dishonesty is a serious violation of both academic standards and biblical teachings, and is an affront to other students and the faculty.