Aug 13, 2020
This major is intended to broadly prepare students in the health sciences. With careful selection of electives, students may be equipped to pursue graduate work in public health, medical studies, veterinary studies, dental studies, nutrition, research, or other related areas.
Christian Studies Core
I. Christian Studies - 24 Credits
General Education Core
II. General Education - 30 Credits
- Communication Elective 3 Credits (Choose from: COM 133 , COM 140 or COM 252 )
- ENG 131 - English Composition 3 Credits
- History Elective 3 Credits
- Math or Science Elective 3-4 Credits
- Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science Electives 17-18 Credits1,2*
III. Health Sciences/Medical Biology Major - 65 Credits
All major core classes must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
IV. Additional Requirements - 6 Credits
V. Electives - 21 Credits*
- Electives (300-400 level) 3 Credits
- Electives 18 Credits
Students should work closely with an advisor to determine the science electives best suited to their area of medical interest. Electives could include: SCI 250 , SCI 312X , SCI 325 , SCI 350 , SCI 359 , SCI 380 , SCI 415 , or SCI 437 .
A minimum of 36 credits must be at the upper (300-400) level for a bachelor degree.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 125 credits is reached.
Total - 125 Credits
1 Select humanities electives from COM, ENG, FAR, HIS, HUM, LAN, MUS, PHI, or PRC.
2 Select social science electives from ANT, CSJ, ECO, GEO, HIS, POL, PSY, or SOC.
Recommended BIB/THE Electives:
Recommended General Elective:
Four-Year Suggested Program for the Health Sciences/Medical Biology Major
Fall Semester - 13-14 Credits
Spring Semester - 16-17 Credits
Fall Semester - 14-15 Credits
Spring Semester - 14-15 Credits
Students apply for departmental acceptance during their sophomore year spring semester or their junior year fall semester. A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA is required for departmental admission in the Health Sciences/Medical Biology major.
Fall Semester - 17 Credits
Spring Semester - 17 Credits
Fall Semester - 16 Credits
- BIB 434 - Romans 3 Credits
- SCI - Science Elective (300-400 level) 4 Credits
- SCI - Science Elective (300-400 level) 3 Credits
- Elective 3 Credits
- Elective (300-400 level) 3 Credits
Spring Semester - 16 Credits